Monday, January 17, 2011

Firefighter Expo

So in looking for something to do on a Saturday morning I saw that there was a Firefighter Expo in Winston-Salem.  I didn't really know what to expect from it but it sounded like something the kids would enjoy.  Casey was blown away by all of the big firetrucks (there really were a lot of them!) and Samantha enjoyed the flashing lights.   














Here is Casey exploring the inside of an ambulance.


















One of the neatest things we did that day was watch this helicopter land.  I have to say that I have never been that close to a helicopter as it landed.  It was a first for me too!  Afterwards we got to look inside the helicopter at all the gadgets and gizmos.




The Expo was kind of a random thing to go and do but it turned out to be a neat experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment